The program is modeled after the successful Don't Meth With Us project started by the Rotary Club of San Juan in Farmington, New Mexico. Starting in the fall of 2010, Springfield 5th grade students will be given a presentation on the consequences of experimenting with the highly addictive drug known as Meth. Each student will receive a t-shirt, wristband and pencil with the anti-meth logo & message, plus a bookmark pledge card of what they will say if asked to try meth. The project will start at 7 pilot schools the last week of October 2010 and the remaining schools in February 2011.
The presentations to the students will include the following information:
- Information about Rotary
- Rotary’s 4-way Test
- We care about their future
- What ingredients are used to make Meth
- Effects of usage on the human body
What is Rotary?
The Four-Way Test
- first Is it the TRUTH?
- second Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- third Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- fourth Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?